Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spring clip on the top back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueridge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I just purchased a Graphic View I off of Ebay and it is in pretty excellent shape except that one of the spring clips on the top of the back which locks in the back is broken and needs replacing. I called Mr. Lustig today, but his wife (I suppose) said that the shop would be down for a few weeks. If anyone out there has an extra one they could sell me, please let me know. Even with the curved part of the clip broken off (which I guess is to hold one side of the dark cloth) the clip on the other side holds okay but there could be a light leak possibly with the second clip missing. Also, the front "lock down knob" on the rail, when hand tightened, still allows the knob to rotate moving the front standard forward and backwards. Any hints on repair or replacement?
Thank you for any assistance!!

Dave in NC
RichS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-08-07 10:38, blueridge wrote:
Hello, I just purchased a Graphic View I off of Ebay and it is in pretty excellent shape except that one of the spring clips on the top of the back which locks in the back is broken and needs replacing. I called Mr. Lustig today, but his wife (I suppose) said that the shop would be down for a few weeks. If anyone out there has an extra one they could sell me, please let me know. Even with the curved part of the clip broken off (which I guess is to hold one side of the dark cloth) the clip on the other side holds okay but there could be a light leak possibly with the second clip missing. Also, the front "lock down knob" on the rail, when hand tightened, still allows the knob to rotate moving the front standard forward and backwards. Any hints on repair or replacement?
Thank you for any assistance!!

Dave in NC

Sorry I can't help about the clip. The only other source of some parts I know are Steven Shuart at http://www.stephenshuart.com/
He may have something?

Then I recommend going to:
http://www.southbristolviews.com
to get the service manual for the View. It's for a View II, but most of it is the same.

As far as the lock, look under the rail at the Standard. There's a plate that screws into the Standard from the bottom. This has the lock & focus know going through it. Under the rail and _above_ this plate is another plate with beveled edges. This is the locking plate that pushes against the rail when you tighten the knob. See if the plate may be missing or if it does tighten? If the plate is there but not tightening, check the service manual. If the plate is missing, there's your problem...

Nick

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not waste a sheet of film and test it. Just thinking about mine I don't think one missing clip would matter. If you aren't rotating the back alot how about just taping it down?
blueridge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich and Nick,
Thank you for your responses. Very helpful information.

Dave
rjs003

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a post in 2003 you were looking for the spring clip that hold the back on your Grafic View. I have these spring clips and sell them for $5.00 each plus shipping. If still interested contaact me for details.
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

Stephan, still does not have his website up, just the future home of stephan.com and a search engine.

On the clips, I had a view I that I used for years and had broken clips, I just used a small bit of gaffers tape and all was well.

But if I remember right, I might actually have a couple of those clips around here, I will take a look and let you know if I do.

Dave Parker

RichS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Stephen Shuart closed up last year. He was a great resource for odd parts...

And anyone wanting to get rid of those GV back clips could most probably easily do so on the Graflexchange at:
http://www.southbristolviews.com/graflexchange/index.php

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: