Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storoboflash AC Power Supply?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NateJr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP! I am the new owner of a Graflex Stroboflash which requires the use of 2 (?) PF489 batteries. I recall about 10-15 years ago a replacement AC power source offered by Four Designs Co. ( reknown for there Polaroid conversions ). Has anyone heard of these, AND ARE THESE UNITS STILL AVAILABLE? ARE THERE OTHER ALTERNATIVES TO THE BATTERIES FOR THE STROBOFLASH? Finally, can the 2773 Flashgun be used with the Stroboflash head ( mine fits the top of the Graflite ) Hope these questions don't seem amateurish to the forum. Thanks!!
Stephen Furley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the last bit first, yes, you can mount the flash head on top of a Graflite battery case, and the batteries in that case can be used to trip the shutter via a solenoid if you wish, but you cannot use the solenoid to syncronise an electronic flash, you must use a shutter with 'x' sync. Graflex made a 'mount tube' for the Stroboflash which was basically an empty tube, the same diameter as the Graflite battery case, and usng the same clamps, for this purpose. I have one with a Nikon SB-10 mounted on it by means of a tilting flash shoe, with a 1/4" B.S.W. tripod bush in the bottom of it. This enables me to swap bulb or electronic flashes very quickly, on either my Speed Graphic, or a 35mm camera with the Graflex 'L' shaped bracket.

Someone on Ebay last year was selling photocopies of instructions for building your own a.c. power supply, I don't know if they are still selling them. Someone has promised to draw up a crcuit for producing the required voltage from a small rechargable battery, probably a sealed lead-acid type of 6 or 12V. I haven't seen her for several months, but if she comes up with the goods, and it works, i'll post details here.

NateJr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Furley,
Thank you for your consideration! I will look forward to any additional information you have been kind enough to provide thus far. I really look to using this reputable flash unit, and I am glad I posted this query.
Highest Regards,
Nathaniel Clark, Jr.
aka NateJr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: