Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll Film Holder for RB Graflex Series B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Engel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Graphic 23, 6X9 roll film holder for my RB Graflex Series B. I would really prefer to have a 6X7. The Graphic 22 is 6X6. Hmmm, guess I need a Graphic 22.3

So I started shopping eBay for an RH-10 thinking it looks pretty similar. However, I quickly noticed that the mounting faces of the 22/23 and the RH's are different.

My 23 has a flat surface with a narrow groove cut across it that accommodates a standup metal lip at the top of the Series B's Graflok back. All the RH's I've seen have two raised ribs running across the top of the mounting face, and no groove. They're obviously not going to seat properly in the Series B.

Is there a version of the RH-10 holder that has the groove and no ribs and will fit the Series B? If so, what do I need to ask for / look for... and where do I look. Or do all RH-10's have the ribs and I need to do some machining?

Thanks and regards.
Tim Engel
Les

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are two versions of the 22 and 23 roll holders, There's a GRAFLEX 22 and 23 and a GRAPHIC 22 and 23.

Yours is the model to fit Graflex backs. If you look around youll find Graphic 22 and Graphic 23's around. those are the one with the ribs

I'm not sure if they made an RH roll holder for a Graflex back. let me look around...
vistashift

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the so-called ideal format,67 ,ideal because it enlarges to 810 w/o cropping, was only made for the graphic and graflok backs. it is lever wind, 10 exp for 120 or there is one for 20 exp on 220. you need one of these two plus a 12 exposure roll back for the graflex. you then have have the 12 opened up to 67 and you can then put in the insert from one of the graphic backs. you dont
need the whole graphic back if you can find an
insert. also dont get a real late 67 complete back or insert as it may not fit the
graflex back . these newer ones
are generally marked singer rather than graflex.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: