Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adaptor indenification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st.-2 9/16 long, standard par 38 base(standard household) with 1 1/2 long single contact bayonette 11/16 in. outside diamater(17.6mm), inside diamater 15mm on top.

2nd.-Chrome; 1 1/32 in. total length, insulated center contact, male top, female bottom; outside from bottom to top-5/8 in. O.D. inward taper with 1/2 in. O.D. flats, 5/16 in. tall; above that 5/16 in. O.D. by 3/8 in tall section; 11/16 in. O.D., 3/8 in tall cut in half by a slot with a copper retainer clip simular to GM door handle retainers; top band 3/16 in. thich, 7/8 in. O.D. knurled edge; top has flat outer 1/8 in. then tapers inward 35 to 45 degrees. Insulated center contact moves 1/4 inch.
Measurements accurate to clostest 1/32.
Charles

[ This Message was edited by: 45PSS on 2002-12-19 19:52 ]
alecj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, Charles, pics would help. Anyway, if I understand your description of #1, that's an adapter which goes in the Graflite flash tube to use bayonet bulbs [like #s 5 or 25] when the 7" reflector is being used. When that reflector is in place, the larger bulbs, e.g. #40 are used upright, that is in line with the battery case, not at right angles to the battery case when the 5" reflector is used. The larger bulbs have a screw base [like a regular light bulb] and sit down into the reflector base.

The only time I can think of using this is if you don't have a 5" reflector, because a lot of the bayonet bulb's output is lost when using the 7" reflector. The adapter is designed to get that bulb high enough to be centered in that larger reflector, to use as much of its light as possible under the circumstances.

Can't visualize you're #2. Sorry. I'm sure someone will though.

[ This Message was edited by: alecj on 2002-12-19 20:16 ]
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alecj, If I could upload photos direct to this fourm I would, I haven't established a site to link to either. From your reply I can surmise that #1 is a Large Base to Bayonette Base adapter. Thanks.
Adapter #2 fits into the push in connector on the bulb end of a 2745 right angle adapter and reduces the push in base size from 17mm to 9mm if that helps. I am looking for a catalogue number or technical name Reducer,____________.
Charles

Les

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the catalog number at hand but it's an adapter from the bayonet base to the M2 base. (think tiltamite) You can find cheap adapters to do the same thing but this one is the Cadillac of them all. The only caveat is it only works with the newer 5 inch reflectors--the ones with metal fingers and removable reflectors. I didn't realize there were two versions and I busted mine trying to get this to fit. Once installed you can still use the ejector button in the back and your adapter wont end up in the trash.

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2002-12-20 06:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2002-12-20 06:09 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: