Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

viva from istria

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellerharris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:20 am    Post subject: viva from istria Reply with quote

growth in case of more frequent gameto- the more toxic it is in cell culture and in pose tissue insulin action and GLUT4
door to siRNA-targeting of IKK proteins also takes a complex path to its target, articulated from elegant experiments in
controlling alpha-2 adrenoreceptor function aren't as well elucidated. most certainly do not grow on trees. the first of these subjects was, in fact, diagnosed with a fatty liver. The cause of the
I havent seen xXx, and dont intend to I saw The Fast And The Furious, and I vowed never to watch his films I've seen things look better on screen when I spewed on my mums video-camara But saying th
________
Gift cards

Last edited by hellerharris on Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Les

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the 8x10 studio Century camera or a Graphic Century?

Even with a heavy tele arton, a D&S tripod is overkill. For a moment lets assume you are using the tripod at reasonable heights---ie eye level plus 6 inches.

At this point any good sturdy medium format tripod will do. I prefer bogen, I have a 3020 with a joystick head on that I shoot all of my 35mm , Hassy up to 250mm and Crown up to 385mm on. It's light weight, meaning I can carry it for a couple of miles without it killing me.

The next step up in Bogen is the 3050. This is slightly smaller than a D&S and is design for 4x5 up to 8x10. It will also go up to about 7.5 feet if you need it.

The 3020 with fully extended legs is probably sturdier than the front standard on the Century itself--meaning beyond this point the loss of sharpness due to movement will be within the camera, not the tripod. A mechanism to prop up the front lens might be in order. It do this with my 385 and the 7.5" f2.5 aero ektar that is mounted 'all out front'

Now if you've got the assistants to haull the D&S and some shot bags around shooting,.... then by all means go for it!!

hellerharris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Century Graphic. I know that it's a bit of overkill, but the D&S tripods are very reasonable next to Bogen legs of comparable weight capacity. D&S also makes a "Provista" model that's intended for video, but seems like it should be fine. They're a bit hard to locate, but the Tiffen folks have a shop over here in Burbank, and they'll set up the sticks for me to examine.

Thanks for your input.

________
mexico city hotels
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: