Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 diaphragm blades stuck sometimes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrea_7500

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,
i'm a total Graflex newbie, so please forgive my ignorance..
in my wollensack lens there are two sets of blades: the shutter and the diaphragm.
-the shutter blades are controlled by the shutter cocking lever and shutter release button
-the diaphragm blades are independent from the shutter blades, you can move them with the selector for aperture, and the blades stay in the same position even while shooting.

well, two of the diaphragm blades of my lens tend to stick together sometimes, so the aperture tends to have an irregular shape. when this happens, i have to take the selector to smallest apertures (f32), move it back and forth for a while until the 2 blades work again independently, and then select the desired aperture for the picture.
sometimes this takes a couple of minutes, and it is pretty annoying.

seems like these blades need lube. is it possible to do it at home without risk? if yes, how??

Thanks everybody,
Andrea
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the aperture work smoothly or is it rough?
Possible causes are 1). Rough operation=worn shutter; mount rivets worn allowing blades to go out of position. 2). Blades bent. Carefully reform as needed. 3). Clean and lube (CLA) shutter. Use search feature of this board as there are many post on this subject.
Charles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: