Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rangefinder Adjustment for a 180mm lens on a Century

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hellerharris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder Adjustment for a 180mm lens on a Century Reply with quote

Hi -

I just bought a Schneider 180 f/4 Tele-Arton for my Century. Can I adjust the Kalart rangefinder to this focal length? It only draws about 102.4mm, but another post reports that I adjust to the effective focal length, not the flange distance. I wanted to check before I started messing with the rangefinder. (I think that I saw a post on a similar topic, but I can't find it.)

Follow-up: To anyone that offered suggestions on my sticky shutter - I sent it off to Fred Lustig, who fixed damage caused by the CR. He's terrific and very reasonable.

thanks.

________
volcano classic

Last edited by hellerharris on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Les

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think you should be able to adjust the RF to fit, the infinity stops will be at the 102 mark and that's certainly in the relm of the RF, then it's just a matter of setting the internal levers to fit this lens (which is what the sliding scales are for)

The more I think about it the more I think the focus would track as though it's a short lens.

I don't know the specifics of it but let's say they started with a 4 inch lens and used a .5 negative lens on the back. This spreads the image out over a larger area, and since you are seeing only the 2x3 center portion, it looks magnified but is suspect that a normal 4 inch lens would track the same as this (if that's what they used) I could be wrong. Just thinking out loud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: