Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflite Jr. Flash problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan605

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:28 am    Post subject: Graflite Jr. Flash problem Reply with quote

I have a graflite jr hooked up to the solenoid on my crown graphic, and as soon as I insert the flash bulb, it goes off. I’ve tried having the bulb in first then connecting the flash, having the flash hooked up then placing the bulb, but no matter how I do it, the bulb goes off as soon as it makes contact with the flashgun. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve never used the flash before and might just be making a simple mistake.
hsandler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong, but I believe the Graflite Jr. was not designed to be used with a solenoid; it was designed to be tripped by the sync port of a shutter. Is there a button on it for setting off a flash? If not, then it's being set off by the fact that the solenoid allows the current to flow, same as a shutter when its tripped. Try hooking it up to a PC port on another camera and see if it works properly.
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What hsandler said. I have a Graflite Jr. and there's no button on mine. It's a shame to waste those now rare flashbulbs; use a bayonet-base automotive bulb instead for testing. It'll wink at you when there's connectivity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: