Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lens coverage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickbraun48@gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:54 pm    Post subject: Lens coverage Reply with quote

I own a Crown Graphic w/ a Kodak Ektar 127mm f4.7 lens. I'd like to try a roll film back but am uncertain as to which size could work with this lens. 6x7 or 6x9 or can I even go this large? Opinion/info is appreciated. Thanks
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Lens coverage Reply with quote

rickbraun48@gmail.com wrote:
I own a Crown Graphic w/ a Kodak Ektar 127mm f4.7 lens. I'd like to try a roll film back but am uncertain as to which size could work with this lens. 6x7 or 6x9 or can I even go this large? Opinion/info is appreciated. Thanks

The largest roll film back that will fit a 4x5 Graphic -- I assume that's what you have -- is nominal 6x12. Most 612 back's gates are 56x112 mm, diagonal 125 mm. The 127/4.7 Ektar will cover at least 10% more.

If your camera is 2x3 or 3x4 the largest roll holder that will work with it is nominal 6x9, diagonal 100 mm.

Stop worrying and start shooting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: