Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex RB history and age

View previous topic :: View next topic  
citsmith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:49 pm    Post subject: Graflex RB history and age Reply with quote

My grandfather's 4x5 Graflex RB has been passed on from him to my father (who used it a lot in the 50's and 60's) to me. I would appear from his photos that he was using a 5x7 camera with some sort of roll film and plates in the 1910 - 1914s. I have 4x5 autochrome plates from 1924 so he must have been using it by then.
It has two lenses a Taylor and Hobson Cooke 7-1/2" Series IIA 3.5 and a Taylor and Hobson 10.4" Cooke series II lens with soft focus adjustment.
I was wondering when this would have been made?
If the camera would have come with the 7-1/2" lens or if this was added later. I know he researched and bought the portrait lens.
Are there any instructions to adjust the shutter speed?
citsmith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:57 pm    Post subject: Graflex RB history and age Reply with quote

I forgot the serial number on the camera body; 94807.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

94807 is one in batch of 350 4x5 RB Auto Graflex serial numbers issued between 1916 and 1920. When the camera was made can't be known.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: