Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll Film Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilW

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Roll Film Back Reply with quote

Greetings Everyone from here in the UK,

I recently got a lovely Century Graphic complete with Graflar lens, ground glass back & Horseman 6x9 back - its all in excellent condition and works great - I love it. The serial number puts it around 1962.

So I just impulse bought a Pacemaker Speed Graphic 2x3 without a lens or film back but it has the ground glass. I wanted it for the focal plane shutter - it all works nicely.

BUT the Horseman back won't fit the PSG!

The sliding lugs on the camera back don't engage into the slots on the film back. I can just about get the top one in - but the bottom won't reach the slot. I tried loosening off the sliders but still won't lock into the slots...

The PSG is about 1954 from my research.

Any ideas on whether it's an issue with the camera (seems unlikely) and what film back would definitely fit this model.

Thanks in anticipation.
PhilW

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I figured it out - the Century has washers on the screws under the sliding catches. This raises the height of the catches so they engage the slot in the roll film holder.

Not sure if they are retrofitted but they are not present on the Speed Graphic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: