Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RB Auto Shutter curtain dimensions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik Gould

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: RB Auto Shutter curtain dimensions Reply with quote

I am making a new curtain for a 3x4 RB Auto. I've removed the original curtain and I notice that there is a lot of material at the top. It's much longer than the curtain from a Super D that I have on hand, basically, there's just more fabric wrapped around the top roller. Any idea why they did this? Is it necessary that I match it, or will one wrap suffice? It's piqued my curiosity.
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unknown for sure as to why Graflex added so much material to the top roller but it assumed it is for correct spacing of the apertures otherwise that would have had to make different diameter rollers for each model.

Use your existing curtain as a template for the new curtain.
Erik Gould

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, that is what I shall do. It's interesting in that other dimensions seem to match up to a non-auto 3x4 RB otherwise.
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difference is the curtain travel from the roller to the film gate on the different body sizes.
jerryg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: RB Auto Shutter curtain dimensions Reply with quote

Erik Gould wrote:
I am making a new curtain for a 3x4 RB Auto. I've removed the original curtain and I notice that there is a lot of material at the top. It's much longer than the curtain from a Super D that I have on hand, basically, there's just more fabric wrapped around the top roller. Any idea why they did this? Is it necessary that I match it, or will one wrap suffice? It's piqued my curiosity.

is the super d curtain a spare ? im looking for one for mine
Erik Gould

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: RB Auto Shutter curtain dimensions Reply with quote

jerryg wrote:
Erik Gould wrote:

Actually, yes it is, and it’s in perfect condition. DM me.
jerryg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: RB Auto Shutter curtain dimensions Reply with quote

Erik Gould wrote:
jerryg wrote:
Erik Gould wrote:

Actually, yes it is, and it’s in perfect condition. DM me.

messaged you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: