Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding a Graflok back to a Mini Speed Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject: Adding a Graflok back to a Mini Speed Graphic Reply with quote

Has anyone added a Graflok back to a Mini Speed Graphic? The screw lineup
looks very close, but when I compared both backs, they are not a perfect fit.
So how did you do it? Thanks!
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't, but I once bought a Mini that had a Pacemaker type Graflok back to get the back. I swapped it on to my 2x3 Pacemaker Speed Graphic, put the Pacemaker's spring back on the Mini and sold the Mini. So you can do put a Pacemaker back on a Mini.

You'll lose the Mini's flash sync. When the Graflok back was introduced, Graflex offered Mini-style Graflok backs as retrofits. These have a flash terminal at the upper left corner. I've seen Mimis with them.
camz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

The Graflok back I have is marked Singer with a cast part number 31711, and doesn't have the flash contact.

After I removed the spring back from the Mini, I found that the screw holes of the Graflok back don't line up exactly with the holes in the camera body. I could attach screws to the top, but the bottom screws would need new holes drilled.

So I'm wondering if there are instructions to retrofit the Graflok back.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A retro fit back was made for the Anniversary. A standard Pacemaker graflok screw holes do not align.
I would take a drill with a side cutting bit or a dremel with appropriate bit and elongate the existing screw holes so that they align with the body. The offset is about 1/2 the screw diameter.
There are no known instructions.
Finding a retro fit graflok will be near impossible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: