Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super Graphic lens boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JESimmons

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject: Super Graphic lens boards Reply with quote

My Super Graphic came without a lens board so I’ve been happily using a Pacemaker style board and a cable release. But I’ve been curious about whether I could get the electronics working.

I’m familiar with the Super Speed and its special lens and lens board. But the Super Graphic seems different. I’ve found a manual with two photographs - one of the lens side one on the reverse. The lens side seems to have an exterior hook that engages the shutter release much like Anniversary models had. The back side shows two layers as the Super Speed Graphic lens board has. Clearly, there are some kind of innards to get the signal from the solenoid in the camera up to the hook on the lens board.

Are these lens boards the same as the Super Speed lens boards with the addition of the hook, or something different and unique?
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Super and Super Speed Graphic have a solenoid horizontal across the bottom of the front standard.
The Graphic 1000 shutter lens board is an integral part of the shutter.
The Super Graphic lens board had a rod that runs along the back side of the lens board and is enclosed to prevent light leaks. It has a lip on the bottom of the rod that mates with the solenoid's operating lever and pulls a lever that trips the shutters release.

Super Graphic lens boards are rare.
JESimmons

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense. Thanks.
JESimmons

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense. Thanks.
jerryg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESimmons wrote:
Makes sense. Thanks.

pmed you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: