Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie to this forum-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayjaydub

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Newbie to this forum- Reply with quote

. I have just been gifted a Speed Graphic Miniature, and I just want to get some background on it. It’s a bit rough, but seems to function just fine (both shutters work). Doesn’t have a rangefinder, or any kind of back at the moment. Lens (Kodak) is clear . It will be a nice mantelpiece queen as it is, but if I can get some kind of back using my humble reserves, who knows, I may shoot a thing or 2. I wonder where the serial number is, maybe that will give me a start. I already have a Folmer & Schwing tele graflex that we use for a spare room
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number for Graphic cameras from 1946 and earlier is on the bottom of the camera top on the left (handle) side, It will be either embossed into the wood or ink stamped. With the bellows fully retracted into the body turn the camera upside down and use a bright flashlight to see it.
jayjaydub

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! Thank you! I am the lucky owner of 378831 !
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

378831 - 1946.
Quote:
Doesn’t have a rangefinder, or any kind of back at the moment.

Does the rear of the camera have the Focal Plane Shutter curtain exposed or is there a wood frame with a central opening?
The body is 1/4 inch thick Mahogany covered in XXX Moroccan leather.
Isopropyl alochol will clean the leather , follow it with a light coat of pure Neatsfoot Oil. Scrapes can be covered with Kiwi Color Shine black https://www.kiwicare.com/en-us/products/kiwi-color-shine
https://www.amazon.com/Tandy-Leather-Jacksons-Neatsfoot-21997-00/dp/B007O2TFH6/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1546844507&sr=8-23&keywords=neatsfoot+oil+pure
jayjaydub

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks! I will check out the back end.
jayjaydub

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Newbie to this forum- Reply with quote

The rear of the camera- The curtain is exposed. It is framed with just the metal part of the body, painted black.
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your private message.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: