Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Signal Corps US Army G-3 (Graflex 3A SLR)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canon7dude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Signal Corps US Army G-3 (Graflex 3A SLR) Reply with quote

Hello, new member with Military A3 Graflex

My 98 year old 3a is rare but I can't find much information about it other than it is rare.

It is a Military Model issued for WWI. It has a softer and lighter leather than the regular 3A's and says "Signal Corps US Army G3 No 23" (23 being the military serial number, although 77202 stamped in the trackbed is the Graflex number)

I found this page but that is about it...
graflex.coffsbiz.com/milhistory.html
Sent Bruce an email and he confirmed it is 23rd of 100 made and advised against restoration...

Cosmetically externally it looks well used and not hard to believe it went through a war. The leather is very worn and old, yet still supple. It is missing the top leather handle, the left neck strap bracket, the stylus (an autographic model), and the original lens. Additionally several holes were bored in the back to make alternate "red windows" (I think this was done in conjunction to masking the internal frame with cardboard to get more shots per roll.)

Mechanically it is sturdy and fully functional. I could run a roll of 120 in it no problem (made for 3A film so 120 is a little short, or I could run 220 if I don't want to mask the red windows) however without the original lens...

I am very happy to share it here and any information about this camera is greatly appreciated!

-Chris

[img]War Camera 1916 by canon7dude, on Flickr[/img]
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might come in handy
http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/3A%20Graflex%20Servicing.pdf

77202 job no. 6864 500 3a Graflex cameras. No date information was recorded in that era, assume 1912-1914.
Canon7dude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Military Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: