Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

120 roll film back for Graflex Series D?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Charles, have you ever done that?

Yes, for a 3x4 RB Series B. I had ro rout in the holder frame area to get it close enough to the origonal position to be able to adjust the ground glass for infinity.
One must ensure the adapter just fits squarely into the Graflex back opening then cut the film plane opening square to the edges and centered with the camera opening.
In setting the roll film holder results in thin areas on the adapter but it hold up once assembled. I got it right on the second try.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Charles. I guess I'm not quite good enough at, um, bodging or brave enough.
William Hallett

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my measurements on Graflex holders in my possession, they really do have a slightly greater film plane depth than the ANSI standard. I posted measurements on a couple of these holders some time ago on this site (see https://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?p=37221&highlight=#37221). I have over a dozen 4x5 holders for the Graflex, and they all have a film plane depth that is consistently about 1/32" deeper than standard 4x5 holders. This might be within an acceptable depth of focus for a reasonably sharp picture, but it is not within ANSI standards.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, I used a table saw to cut the outside deminsions. I don't remember how I cut the film gate opening but it was either a straight edge clamped to the adapter blank and cut with a jig saw or a Dremel with a cutting bit and an edge guide. The film gate can be larger than the film format but must be less than the outside deminsion of the roll film holder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: