Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me identify this accessory that David Burnett is using

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ldb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Help me identify this accessory that David Burnett is using Reply with quote

Hi

New member here - shooting with an Anniversary Speed Graphic - hello everyone.

David Burnett is a photographer who shot the London Olympics on a Speed Graphic.

What is the accessory that is sitting over David Burnett's focusing screen - is it just a film holder or is it something that enhances the focusing screen?

Thanks everyone
Henry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Focus Spot. Go to the home page graflex.org and enter that term in the search window to access many related threads.
loujon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Help me identify this accessory that David Burnett is us Reply with quote

ldb wrote:
Hi

New member here - shooting with an Anniversary Speed Graphic - hello everyone.

David Burnett is a photographer who shot the London Olympics on a Speed Graphic.

What is the accessory that is sitting over David Burnett's focusing screen - is it just a film holder or is it something that enhances the focusing screen?

Thanks everyone

I see the Focus Spot on his Kaltar but I think the OP is asking about what appears to hooked to his spring back where the popup hood would go.

If that is your question Then...... It looks like a 90 degree mirrored reflex finder probably a Cambo but could also be one originally designed for a Linhof Technika he has attached this finder to his Graflok spring back where the popup hood would go. Makes for easier/better focus though the open lens on the ground glass w/out the need for a darkcloth or popup hood.
ldb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Yes - I suspected it was some sort of enhancement to improve focusing without having to use a hood but I couldn't find anything using my search terms.

Now I know they are called a 90 degree mirror reflex finder I can find them readily.

Thank you very much
brc381

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Cambo T-20 is the Reflex Hood Reply with quote

ldv asks, "What is the accessory that is sitting over David Burnett's focusing screen"? loujon has correctly identified it as a reflex viewer. May I offer a few specifics as I have fitted similar myself, both on a Speed Graphic and a Cambo t-21 non-reflex on a 3¼x4¼ Super D.

It is a Cambo T-20 Reflex Viewer that with a suitable adapting plate snaps into the latches in a Graflok back that hold normally the flip-up viewing hood.

Here is a link to work by S.K. Grimes to fit a T-20 on a Series/Super D, although why one would do that is beyond me.

http://www.skgrimes.com/whats-new/2009-2/4175-2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: