Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex 3 cell synchronizer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe L

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Graflex 3 cell synchronizer Reply with quote

i just Came across a 1939 graflex reporter camera nonworking unit but love old stuff is a great conversation piece but is missing the syncronator was wondering if anyone knows where i can get one cheap since the SW saber revolution they are actually ridiculous money now i assume thats what this one was for thats why it is not there have camera wires and reflector dish or if anyone knows the demesions on the synchronar maybe i can replicate one or should i just buy a saber and restore it
Jack5541

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Graflex 3-Cell Synchronizer Reply with quote

Well how ya doin' Joe?
Welcome Aboard.
Right Off the Bat you're flirting with the third rail around these parts.
Unfortunately, you're not going to find an original Graflex 3-Cell Flash Synchronizer for any less than the almost $1000.00 that most of them are going for right now on eBay.
That's the going rate. Too Bad, So Sad. But that's a reality in whatever Galaxy Near or Far, Far Away that you search in, thanks in large part to Mr. Lucas, Ms. Kathleen Kennedy, et al.
On The Other Hand, there seems to be a growing REPRODUCTION Graflex Flash Synchronizer Revolution underway in some toy saber circles, whereby you might be able to get your hands on a copy for much less dinero than you would have to lay out for an original.
Sorry I have no more encouragement than that for you, Sir Jedi Wannabe. But that's the State of Affairs in this Galaxy At This Time.
Good Luck With Your Hunt.
45PSS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last post in this thread expresses my sediments on Star wars
https://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=5486

Quote:
i just Came across a 1939 graflex reporter camera nonworking unit

What is a Graflex Report? I've never heard of one, can you link to a picture of it?
Is that shade tree jargon for one of these?
https://graflex.org/speed-graphic/graphic-models.html
It will be near impossible to restore a hacked up Graflex Flash Synchronizer
http://www.cameramanuals.org/prof_pdf/graflex_flash_synchronizer.pdf
A Graflite Synchronizer is too new for a late 1930's camera.
http://www.southbristolviews.com/pics/Graphic/manual-pdf/GrafliteManual.pdf

This 1941 price list shows Graflex, Kalart, Mendelsohn flash synchronizers. Heleand and King Sol also made flash synchronizers but I do not know their manufacture dates.
Ltdave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Graflex 3-Cell Synchronizer Reply with quote

Jack5541 wrote:
... original Graflex 3-Cell Flash Synchronizer for any less than the almost $1000.00 that most of them are going for right now on eBay...

are you looking for a 3-cell flash handle and reflector?

i just got an original and there are many many of them for under $100. on ebay.

solenoids as cheap as $13 plus shipping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: