Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Super speed graphic back missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alandac

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Super speed graphic back missing Reply with quote

Hello,
I just bought a super speed graphic for restauracion but the focussing back is missing. Any idea where to find a original one or from another brand? There is nothing on EBay for the moment. I'm looking to for a original view finder. I will appreciate any suggestions.
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the Graphic one for a Super Graphic will fit. Occasionally they show up on ebay. Same for the optical view finder. A better bet may be finding a complete camera and using that one for parts.

There are two versions of the Super Graphic, the early version identifiable by the serial number being stamped into the front frame edge on the right as you hold it for use and the later version that has the serial number stamped above the battery compartment opening. The early version has the rangefinder, bellows, body side socket connected by terminal strips and screws along the top of the bellows, that later version has a terminal strip on the side with wires from the body side socket, bellows, rangefinder plugging on to it.

The only difference between the Super and Super Speed is the label on the body. The Super Speed shipped with a Graphic 1000 shuttered lens, the Super regular shuttered lens.
IanG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Super Graphic came with a broken back, so I needed to use something else until I could find a new one. The problem is the springs stress the back and the metal cracks then eventually breaks,

The focus frame off a Cambo (Calumet) Cadet fits perfectly. I happened to have a camera I wasn't using so used the part until I found a the correct back which took about a year. Other Cambo focus frames are different and won't fit, nor will the ones off Speed Graphics.

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: