Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Graphic Track Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herb1145

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Speed Graphic Track Problem Reply with quote

I was focusing the camera using the ground glass, and I extended the sliding track past the end of the bed. Now I can't get the track to move back into the camera body. I think I did this once before, but I can't remember how I resolved the issue the last time. Can anyone help?
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're using a Pacemaker or Anniversary Speed.
If the bed was 90° to the body and you ran then out to where the focus shaft no longer engages the rails then simply push in toward the body on the center of the rails while turning the focus knob rearward until the gears mesh.
If the bed was dropped then run the rails inward with the bed dropped until the rail link is just past the rear edge of the bed then align the rear section of the rails with the bed guides then turn the focus knob forward until the rear section of the rails is fully on the bed then return the bed to the 90° to the body position then turn the focus knob rearward until the rails are fully into the body.
If the bed is at the 90° position with the rails fully on the bed then shims are missing from the body guides, too many/too thick shims are under the body guides or the bed hinge is bent. Align the rear of the rails with the slots in the body guides then run the rails in by turning the focus knob rearward.
herb1145

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Speed Graphic Track Problem Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. You're correct, I'm using a Pacemaker. I discovered that the track inside the camera body was dirty, and once I cleaned it a bit the rail slid right in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: