Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crown Graphic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsraj1944

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Crown Graphic Reply with quote

I have an excellent Crown graphic in great shape, but the front door does not close. I do see a depression on the left side of the camera body towards the front and a corresponding hole inside the camera's left side. There is no button in the top of the camera. You can not close the camera by moving the focusing rails forward when the camera is closed. How I do I fix this problem? What do I need? I suppose I can put a pivoting plate in the top of the camera, but I would prefer the original
Billy Canuck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but from your description (button to open the camera on the left seen from behind the camera) it would appear you have an earlier Pacemaker Crown, like mine. The focusing rails never move -- to close the camera you unlock the front, then slide it all the way toward the back of the camera, then lock the front again. If a normal or wide lens is mounted the front should now be on the rear focusing rails. This clears the front rails, allowing the bed to swing up and click into place. A long lens might not clear the bed, preventing it from swinging all the way up. In that case the lens (still mounted on the board) has to be removed.
Jim C.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get the terminology correct before some damage is done, the focusing rails
or the yoke as its referred to in the repair manual is what the front standard rides on,
there are two sections to the yoke, a short and long with a hinge separating the two
The focusing rail ( yoke ) has to be retracted all the way back in not out
with the focusing knob so that the back short section of the focusing rail is butted
against the inside, the hinges on the focusing rail should be above
the door hinges. Release the spring clamp ( the butterfly arms below the lens board )
and retract the front standard into the camera body.

You'll then need to release the bed struts ( the two arms that snap in place
when you open the door fully horizontal ) by pulling or pushing, depending on how you're holding
the camera, them towrds the rear.
The camera should close fine, some lenses may prevent the camera from closing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: