Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic View II Age?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Graphic View II Age? Reply with quote

I just purchased Graphic View II, complete with case, lens, and lens shade. The bellows in in great shape. It is equipped with a Graflok back and non-Fresnel ground glass with engraved grid. I have been using it to make 4x5 dry plate tintypes with great success, using modified sheet film holders.

I was wondering if someone could help me date the camera. The serial number is 486966. I'm guessing early to mid 60s.

Best,

Don

45PSS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=3321
There should be a Date Code stamped on the bottom of the camera somewhere. The image hosting site closed so the images are no longer available.
There were 2 Graflex Corp. serial number books, unknown who has book #2 or if they post on this site. Graphic Views end in book #1 a few hundred short of your serial number in 1964.
DonF

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I could not locate the date code. However, the serial number range seems to confirm the camera was made in the early to mid 60s.

Any idea where the stamp might be? It is not near the SN or patent number stamps.

Best,

Don

[/img]
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue where they put it, they were good at putting them in obscure places.
Possible places are on the bottom of the front standard only viewable when shifted to one extreme or the other, inside the back standard between the bellows and frame.

Based on listed serial numbers your camera is a 1965 or 1966.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: