Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflex handle Edison reflector

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodinalduchamp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Graflex handle Edison reflector Reply with quote

Hello I just purchased a graflex flash handle and some bulbs but they have not arrived yet.

I am hoping to use the flash in bulb mode to light some nocturnal scenes.

I would like to use #5 bulbs for the foreground and I've also ordered some much more powerful #50 bulbs for the areas further away.

My question pertains to the Edison style bulbs. I know the handle can take bayonet bulbs in the reflector it ships with but it can also take Edison screw mount bulbs if I remove the reflector.

I haven't seen a proper reflector for the Edison bulbs though, so I'm going to fabricate one myself. Are they available anywhere?

I would also like to know how difficult it is to switch between the bayonet reflector and the exposed Edison screw.
Markus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are looking for is the 7" reflector. Should be very easy to find, there are lots of them out there.
And switching between 5" and 7" reflectors is a pretty simple procedure.
steved55

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 7 inch reflector.

Here's one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Graflex-7-Reflector-and-Instruction-Manual-/111891533523?hash=item1a0d414ed3:g:2dgAAOSwpzdWrjzt

steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: