Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Postwar Graphic 45

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spencergrant@cox.net

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:30 am    Post subject: Postwar Graphic 45 Reply with quote

Can anyone supply me with some information about the postwar Graphic 45? I'm talking about the "civilian" version of the 4x5 Combat Graphic, and I assume that since that camera was only available at the very end of WWII, Graflex had a lot to unload, albeit in black rather than olive drab. I have a Graphic 45 that I'd like to sell but I'd like to know such details as what was its civilian price, how many were made, and were there any accessories available? If anyone has an old photo magazine ad for the camera, I'd love to see it.

THANKS! -- Spencer Grant
willysmb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the war, a number of aircraft were converted for civilian market as the Graphic 45, with a different nameplate. Surplus military aircraft were suppose to be destroyed but many were recovered by Burke and James top registering their brand and painted black, they were sold into the 60's by B & J at the rate of $ 75 each.

Note that almost all models have summers back with Graphic springs and the version presented here Graflex back is relatively rare to find in its original state. (Graflex back)

My Combat page, in french only : http://www.speedgraphic.fr/Combat%20Graphic%20USMC.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Military Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: