Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need an education

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geopan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I understand correctly that the only Graflex reflex camera that auto stops is the Super D? Is that actually the name they go by or am I leaving something out?? Are there other 4x5 models that do? What others do that may be convertible to 4x5? Were there any other manufacturers that made 4x5 or convertible reflex cameras? I would very much like to find a camera such as this to use and need to know exactly what to look for. Thanks much for any help.
Les

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes one of the major differences between the series D and the Super D is the semi-auto diaphragm. It was invented and patented by Torkel Korling (for those of you who own any of the first 9 editions look up "Child photography" yep that's him, and now you know why he invented it!) I am not aware of any other Graflex that had the semi auto diaphragm. There were several other manufacturers of Graflex type cameras. Look for a McKeowns camera book for further info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Reflex Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: