Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Part/Accessory I've Not Seen Before: Any Information?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: A Part/Accessory I've Not Seen Before: Any Information? Reply with quote

I buy, refurbish, and re-sell Pacemaker Speed and Crown Graphics. I've had more than 50 of them. But I just got one that has something I've never seen before: a large metal plate, mounted on the belt/handle side of the camera. You can see it in the photos here (if you look before they are taken down):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321096807177?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

When I made my bid, I thought it was probably something someone made themself for some purpose, but looking at it, now that I have the camera in front of me, it looks like it is factory made: stainless steel, solid, well-made and polished. It holds the belt well, uses the standard screw holes meant for the belt hardware, and looks like it is meant to attach the camera to something.

I'd sure be grateful if anyone can give me any information on what this might be!

Paul
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "standard" handle clips also double as a Graflite flash bracket on the left side if desired. With the bracket you have a flash as well as the handle can be attached at the same time. I do not know what brand of flash the bracket in question is for of if it is a Graflex part or another manufactures part, probably the latter.
PaulK

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! That makes sense!

Have you ever seen this before? Has anyone else? I'm always curious to find out more about these cameras and their history and use.

Paul
Jim C.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've personally never seen it but I'm sure there has been all sorts of interesting
customizations on speeds, there's a photo in a thread in the LFphotography
forum that shows some news photogs and they have quick focusing handles
on theirs.

link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: