Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ideas on Super Graphic focusing problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Ideas on Super Graphic focusing problem? Reply with quote

I recently sold a Super Graphic to someone and they are having problems with the RF (and other things).

I think the camera was banged during shipping. I never had a problem with RF focus not matching GG focus in the short time I used it but the buyer has shown me that it appears far off now. The plastic battery door was broken on arrival and the Optar lens also is now sticking open on slow speeds, so I think the shippers must have dropped the camera pretty hard - the shutter was never sticky prior to shipping, but it seems strange that this could happen spontaneously.

Anyway, I think the lens could be an easy fix with a cleaning. Regarding the RF, the buyer has checked that the cam is seated properly (proper cam as well) and the front standard is fully against the stops. Is there anything that could cause the RF to move and adjust but be out of sync with the GG other than the Cam seating or the Infinity stops? I am unaware of any other adjustment beyond just vertical RF adjustment.

Thanks
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=6022
You can save the picture from my post and email it to the new owner to verify the cam is seated properly.

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=4647

The movable mirror sits on a spring loaded pivot inside a frame. One or both the springs could have come loose.

http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=5819
gdi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply - the loose spring may indeed be the problem. I am going to refer the buyer here and see if we can figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: