Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question in Speed Graphic Optical ViewFinder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gdi

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Question in Speed Graphic Optical ViewFinder Reply with quote

I was getting ready to go out with my Speed Graphic today and as I was packing it up the rotating ring on the viewfinder fell off. This is the ring that has the distance settings for adjusting parallax. I think I was lucky that this happened at home and not in the field - both of the screws that run in the slot in the body had fallen out.

My questions is - does anyone know the size of these screws? They are threaded into plastic and I want to try to prevent stripping them with the wrong thread. If I know the size and thread I can probably get them at the hardware store.

Thanks
45PSS

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw, machine special. Part number 33805.

All measurements in inches; made with a digital caliper accurate to 3 decimal places.

Know a good machinist?

The screw pitch tables show measurement D to be middle of the range for a #2-56 or a #2-64 major diameter of the thread but the number of threads in measurement E match 48 tpi.
gdi

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

45PSS wrote:
Screw, machine special. Part number 33805.

All measurements in inches; made with a digital caliper accurate to 3 decimal places.

Know a good machinist?

The screw pitch tables show measurement D to be middle of the range for a #2-56 or a #2-64 major diameter of the thread but the number of threads in measurement E match 48 tpi.

Darn, I guess I can forget that, eh? I guess lustig would have them, but require me send the thing to him to screw them in....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: