Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic RH08 leverwind Back 2x3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aoresteen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Graphic RH08 leverwind Back 2x3 Reply with quote

I have a Graphic RH8 8 exp back for a 2x3 camera. It's a lever advance model.

The advance lever does not spring back into place after advancing a frame.

Any reccomendations on where to send it for service?

Thanks!
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check your pm.

The needle bearings in the ratcheting mechanism are dirty or dry. Taking the top cap off the wind lever and flushing with degrease, adding some fresh grease, and reattaching the cap may help. If the frame gear train is dirty it will cause overlapping or uneven spacing between frames.
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is your lucky day, 45PSS's suggestion may solve your problem. If not, it sounds like you may have a broken return spring on the lever. I had that problem with one of my RH10s a while back. I knew from the service manual that it would be a fairly easy DIY job to replace; in fact, I had the RH disassembled to the point where the spring was accessible. The problem is, that spring is not just your ordinary spring wire, with a round cross section; I could have fabricated one of those, using the appropriate diameter spring wire from the hobby shop. No, for some reason, the cross section is a "D" shape---go figure. (You can always count on Graflex to do something different!) So-o-o---I get in touch with the parts guy in Nevada, but he won't sell me the part; I have to send the RH to him and he will fix it. So I did, and he did, and now it works perfectly. But---what I could have done myself for maybe a buck or two ended up costing around 25. But I'm not complaining; the thing will probably outlive me.

Send it to Fred Lustig, 4790 Caughlin Pkwy. #433, Reno, NV 89509. Phone him first: 775-746-0111.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memory failed me, its two pinion gears inside a ring gear not needle bearings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: