Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for a small part

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzk1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: looking for a small part Reply with quote

Hi s
I've boughta Graflex super graphic and I'm looking for a small part.
May be , you know where I could find it?
Into the camera at the right, after the tube ( with small balls) ( and cam ), there's a little metal plate who pushes on the focus system.
I search this plate.

Thanks a lot
zzk1
45PSS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you need the flexible piece that attaches to the range finder tube and slides into the slot on the bed called,
slide-range finder actuating (part number 36195);
or
the metal bracket that is attached to the bed that contacts the slide-range finder actuating called bracket- range finder actuating (part number 36359-G1)?
1banjo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: looking for a small part Reply with quote

hey zzk1

let us get it right for the part that you need!
are you talking about the rangefinder lever that makes the
Focusing Scale needle move ? thats on top of the camera!?
and rides against the rangefinder ram

Banjo
zzk1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
So I did'nt know the number part but I think that's the metal bracket, number 36359-G1.
There's a picture:

many thanks
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the slide-range finder actuating part number 36195.

I assume its not attached to the tube. It attaches to the plunger at the edge of the rangefinder tube via collar-pin 36009. The tube must be removed from the camera to attach the slide.

If the pin is broken off, remove the tube from the camera, drill the old pin out, cut a short piece of a straight pin with head, put thru the slide into the plunger and secure with silver solder.

See: http://graflex.org/helpboard/viewtopic.php?t=5819

http://craigcamera.com/ has a reprint of the 1963 service manual for $20 U.S. + shipping.

Check your private messages.
zzk1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for your response.
Ok for the manual. But it's not the pin. The plate is curved and did'nt return to his normal form.
45PSS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the problem with the actuating slide. There is no known cure that has been posted on this site.

I took mine off, center drilled a 5/8 inch long (16mm) piece of 3/16 inch (5mm) diameter aluminum rod with a 1/16 inch (1.58mm) drill bit, cut a slot in the center of it so that it would fit onto actuating bracket on the bed, angled the inside so that the front standard will pass over it and so that it will clear the actuating slide guide on the bed, cut a 20mm to 24mm long piece of brass the same diameter as the center hole then positioned the bracket so that with the rod in place and making contact with the rangefinder tube plunger and the bed set to infinity with a cam installed the rangefinder scale indicates infinity and the lens is at infinity wide open when checked on the ground glass.

The bed has to be moved forward to allow insertion/removal of the rod. The rod must be removed to close the bed. The rod is stored in the front of the rod holder. There is a slight misalignment between the tube and the adapter but the brass is strong and flexible enough to work. Aluminum rod 1/16 inch diameter is too soft to hold shape and bends when operating.
zzk1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...
I will try ...
Thank you
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actuating bracket end can be turned near 90 degrees to allow installation of the adapter and returned to the origional position 1, sometimes 2 times, but not 3. Hold the bracket near the bend with a pair of needle nose pliers and the narrorer end with a second pair of pliers at the bend and gently turn it toward streight. The slot you cut into your rod holder will determine how near streight you have to make the bracket. Once the rod holder is installed reform the bracket to origional position be reverse procedure. If yours breaks then solder the end of the bracket to form a lip that the rod holder will not slip over. It is best if the rod holder is a little loose on the bracket.
zzk1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow !
Good job. Thank a lot for the picture. It's. More clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: