Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heiland 3 cell flashgun, attchment to Crown Graphic 4x5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
primus96

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Heiland 3 cell flashgun, attchment to Crown Graphic 4x5 Reply with quote

I have managed to prevent the sci-fi lot getting this gun. I have had to bid for another 92 cell) example to get the 7" dish reflector.
I have some sample bulbs from Meggaflash and some NOS #5 bulbs, for which I have the add-on head. I even got the plate for the side of the camera.
About the plate:
Was it usual to get a bolt and attach it to the extra tripod socket on the side?
I do have the QD attachments on the body of the gun.
Les

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press photographers did anything they wanted to their cameras to make it easier to "get the shot", and while I've never seen a Speed with the Heiland braket attached to the tripod socket on the handle side, I can't say it was never done.

Most of the time, if they had a second flash on the handle side, it was permanently mounted.

But I like your way, it's detachable and you haven't changed the camera at all. The only difficulty would be keeping the mount from rotating/unwinding.

Les
primus96

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: RE: 3 cell Heiland flashgun attachment Reply with quote

I wondered if the attachment was screwed into the tripod socket on the RH side of the bod. If not the body would have to be drilled.
I can remove the upper attachment for the hand strap, and with the bolt in the tripod socket the bracket then will not rotate.
I hope that way works.
I am sort of the official 7" dish reflector, but could use a pie plate if I had to.
I am itching to make like I was a journo and light off one of those PF300's!
primus96

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: Heiland 3 cell flashgun Reply with quote

I got a 6" reflector off a 2 cell gun, it's the best I can do for now.
I am officially armed & dangerous!

Take a look here:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h25/Primus96/Photography/102_0264.jpg

The image of the 4x5 Graphic is so strong people still assume you are a photojournalist.

Should I buy a suit & fedora for when I go out to a event with the camera?
I'll be dammed if I am going to stick a cigar in my mouth though!
primus96

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Re:heiland Flashgun Reply with quote

The flashgun is fine.
The only sync cord I had is knackered, there's a a open circuit somewhere along the centre conductor.
For the moment i'll have to do open flash and get two new cords from Paramount when I get paid.
I need one with the female bi-post connection & the other a male 3mm co-ax.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: