Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pictures of a Speed Graphic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pyneapple

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some pictures of this camera to post but don't know how to. Is it possible? I was hoping to find out if it or the Zeis lens was any good. I do not have a website to point to.
Les

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can email them to me I can put them up on my server and send you back a URL that you can post.

I suspect you have either a Pre-Anniverssary or Anniversary with a Carl Zeiss anastigmat or Tessar in a dial compur or compound shutter. Both of these are good for B&W with modest enlargement (8x10/11x14) but were improved upon by the later Ektar series.

If it not one of these prost what it says on the lens (and the shutter, but formeost the lens)

lnphoto@ismi.rr.com
Pyneapple

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les,

Your link would not accept the jpegs I sent.
" could not look up destination domain (ismi.rr.com), invalid domain name
Some sort of Error. What should I do?

[ This Message was edited by: Pyneapple on 2002-03-08 13:48 ]
Les

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been accused of living in both the past and the present, here's proof . That email, for some inexplicable reason, is partly my old email and partly my new email address.

Try this one:
lnphoto@twmi.rr.com

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2002-03-08 15:41 ]
Pyneapple

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Les, everyone can view the pictures of the camera at:

[ This Message was edited by: Pyneapple on 2002-03-09 15:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Les on 2002-03-09 16:17 ]
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-03-07 19:06, Pyneapple wrote:
I have some pictures of this camera to post but don't know how to. Is it possible? I was hoping to find out if it or the Zeis lens was any good. I do not have a website to point to.
Its a Miniature Speed Graphic. 2x3. It it works, its usable. Can't comment on the lens; in principle Tessars are ok lenses, but whether yours is depends on its condition, and this isn't very visible in the photos.

FWIW, I've had a Mini (sold it), have a Pacemaker Speed 2x3. The Pacemaker is the more usable.

If I had yours and wanted to shoot 2x3, I'd sell it and buy a Pacemaker (Speed or Crown or Century) with a Graflok back and a roll holder to fit. Note that this advice reflects my prejudices and may not be best for you.

Cheers,

Dan
hartwell_a_m

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like your Mini-Speed Graphic is older than mine. If you want to use it you can buy 2X3 sheet film holders on ebay or you can shop around for an Adapt-A-Roll film holder, the Adapt-A-Roll film holders use a 620 take up spool though they will take a 120 suply spool.
Pyneapple

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure what follows will sound like a silly question but I am not a photographer so my ignorance may be excusable. The original owner of this camera was my uncle who was a commercial artist by profession and an amateur photographer. He was always "the first" in the neighborhood to have the newest gadgets and conveniences. A lifelong bachelor, he was able to spend freely on those things he wanted most. He made many stereoscopic images that the family enjoyed viewing long after his death in 1960. Whether he used this camera or another for those images I do not know. My question is this. I just purchased an Olympus digital camera (model C3020) and I am overwhelmed at the quality of the image I get from the optics. Is there any comparison as far as quality of lens between the Olympus Camera I purchased and the Lens on this speed graphic? What would this camera have cost new? What is it worth today? Thanks for your help.
Les

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While yours is a bit older a minispeed in 1945 was 155.00 including the rangefinder. I'm guessing yours was a little cheaper as this included the ektar lens and better (newer/upgraded) rangefinder.

That's about what they are getting these days on ebay, depending on the lens (which your's isn't the desirable one) and condition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: