Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting harder to find E-6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Getting harder to find E-6 Reply with quote

My local camera store has discontinued processing all E-6 stock. Fortunately, there is still one local lab that continues to offer this service. Cost is $6.50/roll of 120. I don't shoot much transparency (Fuji Provia) but when I do it's sure handy to have a local source for processing. Kodachrome 64/135 now goes to Kansas. I dread the day when C-41 will no longer be offered; there goes my Ilford XP2 Super 120 (not to mention the 135 Kodak Gold color neg.).

Is anybody else seeing a similar trend where you are? Looks like digital has just about killed off traditional photo chemistry. 8-(

P.S. I should have said that Qualex, which has a facility here, continues to offer E-6 for 135 film, but not 120, through their local retail net. Seems like many drugstores, supermarkets, and "X"-marts send their customers' stuff to Qualex.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry, I send my E-6 to Dwayne's, in Kansas. So much for relatively instant gratification.

Cheers,

Dan
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

Yes, it's good to have that option, although I note that Dwayne's cost per roll of 120 ($7.50) plus the shipping ($4) puts them well above what I would pay here locally.

Of course, when I send Kodachrome to KS I use the Kodak mailer, the cost of which includes the shipping (except for the out-bound to KS, 2 x 42ยข).

So Dan, is there no place near you that does 120 E-6?

Henry

P.S. If I wanted instant gratification, I'd go digital---ugh!
45PSS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is that you can take your Kodachrome to WalMart, go directly to the film dropoff stand and fill out the envelope and state process K14 in the special instructions box and drop it in the slot. If you ask at the camera counter they'll tell you they don't process kodachrome. The film will come back and you pay walmart's price! Simular should work for 120 E-6.
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, 45. If any here have actually done this, I'd be eager to know. But I'd not like to act on hearsay.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry, there's a little photo store around the corner from my house, "Best Photo," who accept E-6 for processing and turn it around in a couple of days. Makes me think that there's still an E-6 lab somewhere in the Phila. area. Anyway, their price is not far below Dwayne's, but of course there's no postage expense.

About Wal-Mart, trying is cheap.
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another photo fourm users have sent their K-14 35mm to Dewane's via Walmart and pay Walmart's price for the processing. Putting a roll of 120 in an envelope and droping it in the slot will result in 1 it being processed and having to pay Walmart rates or 2. returned unprocessed. Be sure to keep the pickup tag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: