Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kalart RGFR eyepiece extender

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lensman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reproduction of a Kalart instruction sheet or brochure on attaching an eyepiece extender on a side mounted rangefinder eyepiece on this or any other site? - (I did look!) - (It appears it would have to PUSH into the eyepiece on the rangefinder on my Crown....as no threads inside), although would not seem to be very secure if this were the case. Have seen photos...it looks like a tube.

Also, similar info on the Focuspot?
Both of above for side-mount Kalart rangefinders.

Have either items been seen anywhere by members as available...used or N.O.S.?

Les

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two types of tubes one screwed in, the other uses a bracket that is screwed to the body, the tube gets traped between the rangefinder and this bracket and then a threaded knurled nut threads on the tube through the bracket.

the focospot is nothing more than a light bulb in a bracket. When on, (powered by the flash handle) it projects two images of its filiment through the rangefinder onto your subject. Focus the camera and the two images coincide.
jdman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there are several different tubes, including one with a lens that screws directly into the Kalart, Then there is a long one that screws into the flash mounting bracket, also a shorter one. I cannot seem to get along with any with my bi-focals, and prefer none at all. As for Focus spots, there is one with a switch, one with no switch, there may be other configerations and when you take them apart there is a mirror to turn the light. Russ
alecj

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me private mail with your e-mail address, lensman, and I'll scan the two instructions for you. The "extender" is called the Focuscope. All I've ever seen just screwed directly into the viewing window of the RF. The older models had a rigid tube, while the later ones had a collapsable tube. I highly recommend the latter. Too easy to get poked in the eye with the rigid model.

I modified mine by taking it to a camera flea market and trying rubber eyecups on it until I found one that fit perfectly. Now, it won't scratch my glasses either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: