Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mamiya RB-67 magazines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disemjg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an RB-67 Pro-SD, with two 120 roll film backs. Both have a minor issue with the edge of the negative frame showing fogging. The odd part is that this is between frames, not at the top or bottom. The backs are the late type for the SD, and I cannot find anything wrong with the seals in either the backs or the camera.

Is this typical for RB backs? While the edge fogging is more of a nuisance than anything else, the image area on one of the frames was clearly light struck and I'm not going to trust it until I figure out what is going on.
45PSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the light seals under the TOP and BOTTOM plates or covers!

Henry

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also check the seals around the dark slide slot. Since the film is light struck as you described, it may be happening when the film is "parked" either before or after you've advanced the film. As a rule, I never remove/replace the dark slide unless I'm in the immediate act of shooting, and I try to shield the roll film holder from direct sun at all times, either by draping the dark cloth over the camera, or at least keeping the back shaded by my big head or other convenient body part when advancing the film.
disemjg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the dark slide slot seal; a quick brush out and a bit of extra bend on the spring fingers and they're light tight again.

Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: disemjg on 2006-03-11 15:51 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Non-Graflex Cameras All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: