Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microdol-X dilution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodplane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience using MDX at 1:1 dilution? I'm not trying to be fancy, but I have the itch to develop some recent exposures tonight and I have enough MDX on hand to make 1 liter of stock, and if I dilute it 1:1, I have enough for my tank. I don't need it at 1:3, and have heard that the image gets a little softer at that dilution. I would need dev times for MDX at 1:1 with Plux-X and HP5. Would I always lose 1 stop, regardless of dilution? If so, can I make up for it by pushing, or will I get better results by using D-76 1:1?

Thanks,

Scott
45PSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try :
http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

Henry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, I always used Microdol at 1:3 when I was doing 35mm in the darkroom, the theory being that I needed all the sharpness I could get, and Kodak recommended 1:3 "for maximum sharpness." According to the Kodak Professional Reference Dataguide (1998), p. 56, Mic-X "Gives finest quality grain with some speed loss with most films. It gives greater sharpness diluted 1:3, and a finer grain undiluted." Acc. to the Kodak Black-and-White Darkroom Dataguide (1988), p. 20, devel. time for Plus-X in tray is 8 min.@68° undiluted; 1:3 not given; same info. is given in first source, above. It also advises to "increase exposure by approx. 1/2 stop" (Now you tell me!) These are not the latest advisories, so a call to the Kodak Information Center at 1-800-242-2424x33 may help.

I found no reference to a 1:1 dilution in any of my sources.

[ This Message was edited by: Henry on 2006-02-20 08:29 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: