Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seneca Field Camera info request.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troublemaker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello folks,

I have here a Seneca 9 Field camera I am refurbishing for a friend, and would like any and all info I can find. It appears to be a 5x7 plate camera, but am wondering about film holder possibilities and dates, history, experience or whatever anyone can offer. We intend to try and get it working to make some studio portraits with it. It has a mile of bellows and is mounting a 7-1/2 Ilex Anastigmat lens which is listed in the lens section. IT also has a revolvong back very much like my 4x5 Cycle. In fac tit is very similar but has better movements. The camera is painted black wood and has the Cycle type leather covering. All metal Rails and such are chromed.

Thanks if anyone has info or can direct me to where I may find some.

regards,
Stephen

[ This Message was edited by: troublemaker on 2005-12-12 06:58 ]
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not familiar with this particular camera but have found that often, modern film holders fit without problems. I not, and you have the original holders, you can place sheet film in front of a glass plate. Carefully. It will be in register. Sounds like a really interesting camera.
troublemaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

want a photo?
I got a bunch of 5x7 holders in the mail yesterday. They fit.
Can I inseert a low-res photo here?
glennfromwy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know much about inserting a photo. I'm computer illiterate, so I use photobucket.com as a host. Create a free account and you can host your photos from there. It has automatic html and img generator that lets you copy and paste your photo just about anywhere. It's super easy and works great.

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: