Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lightweight 4x5 cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Les

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2001 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of college I got an Omega. They were okay, but not great. I traded that in for a lower end Calumet becuase it had interchangable bellows. I think the model is the MX. You can find them on ebay most of the time. They have better movements than the Grey Calumet/Kodak Masterview of the 50s for not a lot more. While this isn't a backpacking camera it has a great ridgity to weight ratio and is an excellent value. I've often thought of trading up, but decided to put the money into better lenses, since the camera does everything a Linhoff or Toyo would do with half the weight.

pup7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2001 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just purchased a super speed graphic on ebay, but it does not come with instructions. any idea on where i can obtain a copy??
LelandRay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of slow around here, so I'll throw in a kicker.

Anybody have any experience with the Gowland Pocket View? Gowland's selling some reconditioned cameras and has a couple of them available. As an historical artifact, this one is kind of interesting.
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Calumet started selling the Pocket View I saw a few reviews. Most said ditched the socket head cap screws for real knobs.

For what it is and what it does it's a great camera, just don't expect it to handle large heavy lenses in a stiff wind. Keep to Press size lenses and Protar IV & Vs and you can go mountain climbing with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: