Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Graphic Sighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsdean

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was stuck on a business trip for two weeks through last Friday, and I caught (once) a spot on the Disney Channel in which one of their actors, discussing their hopes for the future, suddenly pulled out a Graphic with a reflector and flashed it. The latter could have been special effects, and the whole thing was so breif that I couldn't tell what it was beyond having a Pacemaker style lensboard. Did anyone else see this spot?

Rob Dean

Graflex Sid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes,here we go again-trawling the Movie channels you will find the GRAPHIC appears in the courtroom scenes of "ADAMS RIB" (1949)with Katharine Hepburn/Spencer Tracy,and "EACH DAWN I DIE" (1939) with James Cagney/George Raft.
...the list must be endless,the most photographed camera in the World-you can understand why everybody stares when they see one in real life,they must think you have stepped out of a Hollywood movie...

"Yes,you guys,I've just borrowed it from the prop dept"...smile please,as another flashbulb hits the ground.
Those press guys never worried about the environment in those day's did they-you could hear them crushing under foot.More likely these day's you would be arrested for causing litter on the sidewalk.

Ah,Memories!
David A. Goldfarb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm vacationing on Maui and we went up to Haleakala yesterday, and in the main visitors' center (the lower one) there's a huge photo from the 1960s of a man standing next to a silversword with 4x5 Graphic in hand. Unfortunately, the purpose of the photo is to demonstrate how people used to stand too close to these tall plants damaging their delicate roots and contributing to their near extinction from the park before they knew better, but it was somewhat vindicating to point it out to my wife that it's not *that* eccentric to walk around with my Tech V over my shoulder on vacation.

Alas, it rained all afternoon and cloud cover was heavy, so no photos to show from that expedition.

There is also a historic photo exhibition in the Old Courthouse in Lahaina, and the best shots are all from the 1940s and 50s, clearly from 4x5" and most likely produced with a Graphic.

[ This Message was edited by: David A. Goldfarb on 2005-08-20 14:26 ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-07-04 08:44, Graflex Sid wrote:
"Yes,you guys,I've just borrowed it from the prop dept"...smile please,as another flashbulb hits the ground.

In fact, one of the Annys that passed through my hands had a label from the Paramount Studios prop dept. on the inside of the GG shade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Large Format Photography All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: