Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honeywell Strobonar 700 charger

View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveehly

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a Grafelx press camera on Ebay and it came with the referenced flash. However, there is not charger for the unit. This unit is totally new to me and I know nothing about it. Do I need a charger and if so does anyone know where I might get one? Thanks!

t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most (not all) of the larger "Strobonars" were handle-mount ("potato masher") style flashguns with a battery drawer that pulled out from the back of the head. You put four size "C" cells into that drawer. The exceptions were the "65D", "890" and "892" models, which required an external high-voltage pack. The "65D" (at least) has the pull-out drawer, but it's a dummy; there are no battery contacts affixed to it.

I don't recall what kind the "700" is, but you might look for that battery drawer (it unlatches with two push-in tabs at the side). If the drawer comes out and is equipped with contacts, then it expects "C" cells. If that is the case, you will not need a Honeywell recharging system.

Honeywell did make AC power adapters for most "Strobonars," and they can be useful in studio situations.
clnfrd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two Auto 770's, and the power requirements are the same as the 700. The battery tray, in the head, removes as t.r. described: press hard on the tabs on each side in the rear, and pull out the tray. Actually, the entire rear panel pulls out. Ordinary C batteries won't work. It requires four "Sub-C" rechargeable batteries. A special wall transformer provides charging voltage AND higher voltage (390 to 490 VDC) for AC operation. If you want a copy of the schematic for this, leave me a Private Message with your email address. Fred.
jdman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my 770, I removed the old Sub c's drilled a small hole for a cable and put a quick disconnect 6 volt motorcycle battery to it. 16.00, plus about 4.00 for the shoulder pack, and 2 or 3 bucks for the connectors. Your friendly Walmart has all this stuff. The recycle time is pretty good but not as good as a high voltage pack. Not quite original, but wedding photographers generally had shoulder packs. Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: