Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Image Gallary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sjixxxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever considered using a software package like Gallery on this site? Many of us do have our own websites, but I think a centralized place here to post handhelds and whatnot where we can give and receive comments without having to resort to forum posts would be a worthwhile addition.

I think at the very least a seperate "Show your works" type forum would be good to allow us to look for threads containing stuff we have shot.
zmanphotog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with a place to post photos. I just saw you can post in the messages, but it would be cool to be able to share in a gallery format. Anyone else interested?
RichS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of comments

First off, the link you posted doesn't work as it goes back to graflex.org for a sourceforge.net address. Something not quite right there?

Second... Think about all the other sites that offer galleries. They all sell and display ad space! Bandwidth costs money and someone's gotta pay the bill... I'm amazed (and thankfull!)that Leigh has offered us this forum for so long "on the cuff" as it were. To add a gallery would probably multiply the bandwidth usage by 10 times or more. Text messages don't carry much bits, but a photo could run into megabytes...

I agree a graflex gallery would be nice, but considering the storage space needed and bandwidth usage, I could also see it bringing ad space with it, and that I would not appreciate...

Although, if a gallery could be set up where the photos were stored on the user sites and not graflex.org, then it would be more like just another message forum and not increase storage or bandwidth all that much. But more inconvenient to the users...
Nick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple thing is to just post a link to your personal webspace. Most ISPs give users so many megs of space and traffic for "free". The whole idea about the web was supposed to be a web of links. So while it's nice to have everything on one website nothing wrong with pointing people to your images some place else.
zmanphotog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not criticizing what we have here, just saw that this message had been posted a few months ago and there was no feedback concerning it. I agree, I don't want ad space either.

Also, I didn't post it, but here is the link that wouldn't work for you: http://gallery.sourceforge.net

Mark
400d

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think we should get a gallery. Of coz I think graflex.org offers space is a little impractical. There are tons of free webspace out there that you can link your picture!

I heard photobucket.com is pretty good, it may allow users to do external link, but I haven't tried.

I AM IN FAVOR FOR US TO GET A GALLERY SUB-FORUM!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Graflex.org Site Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: