Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

graflite unit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sobahguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello...on my recently acquired graflite 2773 handle are several household cord outlets. i'm using the one marked "shutter" for connection to the bipost. what are the other ports used for? not that i will ever use them but would be good to know what they are for. my dad did tell me that when he used this flash on his super graphic that he needed a y-cord with two household plugs which connected to the "shutter" & "remote" outlets & the other end connected to a 3-prong outlet low on the side of the camera body.
also i was also wondering what the dial is on the back of the case just above the red firing button. it has 3 or 4 click stops when turned with a small slotted screwdriver. do these dial settings have something to do with the type of bulbs in use?
thanks in advance for any feedback.
alecj

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a manual to answer all those questions. They call it the Graflite flash manual. It answers all of them. I urge you to get one.
Les

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Graflite is the most versitle flash made, and as such it needs a manual to describe everything it can do, and how to do it. The sockets around the top are labeled.

Extension: is used to run two or more bulbs. You can find extensions on ebay--they are the top part of the flash without a battery case,usually with a clip on clamp.

shutter: Self explanatory

Battery: When used with several flash bulbs you can add a 6 volt battery here

Remote: Here's where you would add a switch to fire the whole mess remotely. An Electric cable release if you will.

Solenoid: Back in the bad old days shutters weren't synchronized, so they added a solenoid to trip the shutter from the flash. The play in the linkage created the necessary time delay. Later on when shutters were synchronized, photogs missed being able to do everything from that little red button, so they did a two cord set up, one cord to the sync on the shutter, the other to the solenoid. The Y cord for the Super Graphic is a variation of this.

for further reading, look for a Graflite manual or a 10th editon Graphic Graflex photography.
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to Graflite Instruction Manual At Web Site Click 'Graflex Directory of Instruction Manuals' Link.

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-12-12 22:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-12-12 22:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-12-12 23:13 ]
sobahguy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this guidance is much appreciated!!!! as i mentioned above my dad had this same flash 40 years ago but he couldn't remember some of the fine points...
thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: