Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vulcanoid fiber cases for View

View previous topic :: View next topic  
disemjg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a Calumet gray view, and it came with a gray vulcanoid case that had V notches to fit a GV. I promptly put my GV II into the case, and moved the Calumet to the generic case that the GV had been living in. So the other day I got another Calumet, and its in another vulcanoid case. This one was very long as the Calumet was the long rail job. At this time it dawned on me that these cases were not Graflex, but were made for Calumet by the same company that made the Graflex cases. I guess they were using the V notch because it would permit the case to fit more cameras. The lids are low and the GV tripod mount must be removed to close the lids, but otherwise the camera fits fine. I also have a GV I that has its original case, but that one stows the tripod mount in notches in the dividers.

So the question is did Graflex sell cases for the GV II that had the shallow lids, or did the real Graflex cases permit the tripod mount to remian on the camera, or hold the mount in the dividers?
RichS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have cases for my GVII's and one GVI. The GVI case is shallow and the tripod mount must be removed when the camera is cased.

All my GVII cases are deeper (in the lid) and allow the camera to be stored with the mount in place.

The "V" notch was not a Graphic-only feature. I have a large view case that may be either a Toyo or Calumet that also sports the V notch. After all, a "V" will support just about any form of single rail. Maybe not the square ones so much Unfortunately, the big black plastic (vinyl?) Toyo case also has a shallow lid. If not for that, it would make a great GVII case...
Rangemaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the cases I have had for my views have been deep enough to hold them with the tripod mount, they must be view II cases, I also have the large suitcase type for my Toyo 45E, it as well has the v notch and holds the views very easily, it is not vinyl though, this one is a very sturdy large case made out of wood with aluminum overlayed and metal corners and metal rails on all the edges, I can stand on it and it does not even flex.

Dave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> View Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: