Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bag Mags & focusing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All.

I have a quick question. I've heard that the Bag Mags hold the film in a different location than regular film holders, or grafmatics, so to use them you have to change the location of the ground glass. A friend looking thru an old Navy manual said there's no mention of having to adjust the gg for bag mags in it at all. I just bought a Super D and it came with a grafmatic, and I already had a Graflex back grafmatic, so I have 2 for the camera, and I'm wondering if I get a bag mag will I be able to just mount it to the camera and use it? Thanks!

glennfromwy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have a 4X5 bag mag (wish I did) but I measured some 3X4 stuff, which should give the same results. I don't have a micrometer, so I use a straight edge and vernier calipers with a depth gauge. Crude but seems to do the job. I measured the depth of the GG in my Graflex back focus panel, depth of a Graflex Graphic type 4 film holder, depth of a wood Fidelity film holder (Graphic), and the depth of my bag mag. Then, for grins and giggles, I measured the depth of a plastic Fidelity 2X3 film holder. All seem to be the same as far as I can tell. My Graflex back does not use a ridge for a light trap. It is an early one that uses velvet seals. I hope this is of some help --------

"Wyoming - Where everybody is somebody else's weirdo"
Barney

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gleen: I may know where a couple bag mags are located. I am not sure if they are 4 x 5's or something else. You interested? Send me a private reply if you are.

xyzphoto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just reviewed the focus of exposures using a bag mag on a Graflex RB Series D, 3.25 x 4.25. They are the same as exposures made with sheet film holders and a 120 roll back. All good. No modifications of any kind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Film Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: