Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflite STROB 250

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ventur48

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an old Graflite STROB 250, complete with everything, including a dead battery. Does anyone have knowledge of how to obtain a replacement battery, or a battery pack from another manufacturer, that will put this antique back in service. I'm uncertain if the unit works, but I'm willing to spend a reasonable amount to find out.
jdman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newark electronics shows 2 in stock (p/n 497), at 94.50 ea. It is a 510 volt battery. Russ
Graflite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B & H Photo & Video in NYC 800-947-9960 has the #497 510 VDC battery for $ 69.95, see their ad in the December issue of Shutterbug on their page 16 (green edged pages in the magazine).

Also check out the Sunpak section on the same page, they have a 510 VDC Rechargeable battery and a charger for 510 VDC batteries that might intrest you.

I too own the 250 and also the bare bulb Globe Strob, good flashes, but not as powerful as flashbulbs but then who has an endless supply of bulbs anymore?

I'm working on installing the electronics of the Globe Strob bare bulb flash inside a 3 cell Graflite #2773 battery tube and topping it off with the 7 inch reflector, the only drawback is of course having to carry a battery pack, but it would give an authentic look on my Crown with the ease of use of an electronic flash, will post details when finished with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: