Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graphic "23" Roll Film Back

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me how to load film into the "23" Graphic roll film back? Or point me to some instructions? Thanks. Jeff.
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Insure that the holder is in the idle position by turning the advance knob. If the film counter turns, continue advancing the knob until you cycle through all numbers on the ezposure counter dial, the dial stops and the knob continues to turn. (This occurs naturally under normal use)
2. Install the film so that the leader unwinds counterclockwise.
3. Pull film around carriage and insert end into take up spool and wind advance knob about one turn on take up spool. Check that film is on the take up spool evenly.
4. Now wind film slowly until start mark on film paper leader lines up with start arrow printed on underside of carriage between the spools. As viewed from underneath, it is at about the two o'clock position on the supply spool.
5. Place the carriage into the holder and close it.
6. Rotate the exposure counter in the direction of the arrow until it clicks and resists further turning. (do not force)
7. Rotate advance knob until knob stops turning. (This should happen when exposure counter hits number 1.)
8. After each exposure, press the release lever to the left then rotate the advance knob until it again stops turning.
9. After last exposure, continue turning knob until drag on the take up spool is no longer felt. This insures the film is fully wound on the take up spool. Open, remove the full spool and transfer the empty spool to the take up side and you are ready for reloading again.
P.S.
Link to Graflex Roll Film Holder Instructions At the web site click 'Graflex Directory of Instruction Manuals' link. Harry

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-11-25 15:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: hmartin@tns.net on 2001-12-13 09:21 ]
jeffw

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, hmartin. I'm on my way!
clnfrd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping this old post. I just shot my first roll of film on a recently-acquired Graflex 23 roll film holder and missed the first two shots because I apparently didn't have the film advanced far enough to begin with. Didn't know about the little white arrow to align with the start arrows on the film backing. Was shooting pics of Lake Barkley with my Century Graphic. Got six great shots out of eight...will advance film properly next time. My first shots on roll film with a Century Graphic. My first cut film shots were in 1950. Thanks again. Fred.
hmartin@tns.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find the Graphic Manual on my web site under Graflex Directory.....
http://www.angelfire.com/art/architecturalphoto

Harry
clnfrd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for this info. I visited your site...copied and printed the Graflex Roll Film Holder Instructions...and will keep them with my 23 and 22 holders just in case the Alzheimer's kicks in again. Thanks again. Fred. (clnfrd: an acronym of my last and first names with the vowels removed.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Accessories Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: