Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kodak 6 3/8" Anastigmat
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, t.r. I gave up on coffee and am waiting for that third martini to kick in.
t.r.sanford

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An even better idea!
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2004-05-03 16:16, Henry wrote:
Thanks, t.r. I gave up on coffee and am waiting for that third martini to kick in.
Henry, take a look at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15247&item=3812469029&rd=1

Its even in a shutter engraved "Graphic." Crazy unrealistic price, though.

How's the hangover?

Cheers,

Dan
Henry

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't read the markings around the lens front element except for "Kodak," but let's assume that it is a 152mm (even though seller doesn't seem to realize that this example is not a Speed). Looks to be in good cosmetic shape, but I notice it didn't attract any bids. Guess it's overpriced?!

I switched back to coffee.... =(8-(
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2004-05-06 17:09, Henry wrote:
I can't read the markings around the lens front element except for "Kodak," but let's assume that it is a 152mm (even though seller doesn't seem to realize that this example is not a Speed). Looks to be in good cosmetic shape, but I notice it didn't attract any bids. Guess it's overpriced?!

I switched back to coffee.... =(8-(
"supersize" the image and you'll be able to read the markings on the shutter.

Coffee, just what one needs in the morning.

Cheers,

Dan
Henry

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I supersized it but the problem is that my eyeballs stayed the same size. Maybe they fell out after the martinis.
disemjg

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lens is in a Supermatic that is marked GRAPHIC. I got it on an Anneversary, and the mounting looked original. At least it did not look like someone cobbled it together with a pen knife the way some of them do.

And did anyone notice what it would have cost the lucky winner (if there had been one) of that Crown to ship it? $47 plus 2.95 handling. That's disgusting.
Dan Fromm

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2004-05-06 18:01, disemjg wrote:
My lens is in a Supermatic that is marked GRAPHIC. I got it on an Anneversary, and the mounting looked original. At least it did not look like someone cobbled it together with a pen knife the way some of them do.

And did anyone notice what it would have cost the lucky winner (if there had been one) of that Crown to ship it? $47 plus 2.95 handling. That's disgusting.
Well, some people who offer goods on eBay dream the really impossible dream.

I've often wondered if items that got ridiculuous bids and didn't make reserve, or possibly seemed to sell, had been posted and bid on for insurance fraud. The bids establish a value ...

Cheers,

Dan
Les

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]Well, some people who offer goods on eBay dream the really impossible dream.
[/quote]

I've always given my overseas winners the option of me hand delivering to their door, for the mere cost of a 1st class ticket round trip. I was really hoping the girl from Venice would, but alas, so far no luck.

viridari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disemjg wrote:
I just got a couple of lenses in a new box of stuff that are interesting. The one discussed on this post is a 6 3/8" Kodak Anastigmat, and it has some strange (at least to me) markings on it. The data ring contains this legend: KODAK ANASTIGMAT F-4.5 6 3/8 In. EM32-105K NO.32

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but a google search turned it up. I have this same oddball lens in a very early Speed Graphic (late 1920's?). It's a big clunky Compur shutter right now. It's not coupled to the Kalart rangefinder, so I'm guessing this is probably not original equipment. This is how it arrived to me from eBay. I don't have any idea how well it works yet as it's in need of CLA and some repairs.
shutterfinger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a catalog from 1938 listing the No.32, 6 3/8 inch, Kodak Anastigmat f4.5 lens.
Nos. 31, 32, 33 fitted to a Compur shutter; Nos. 34, 35, and 36 fitted to a Compound shutter.
No Kodak lens are listed in the 1936-1937 catalog.
http://piercevaubel.com/cam/catalogs/1938ekcprof.htm
William Hallett

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The US military service manual for the Anniversary (available on-line at http://www.butkus.org/chinon/ - look for the manual for the "C3 Graflex Camera") lists the 6 3/8" f/4.5 Kodak Anastigmat in a No. 3 Supermatic as one of the two standard lenses for the C3 (the military name for the Anniversary). Given the number of these cameras made, this should be a fairly common lens on wartime vintage Anniversaries. The other lens listed in the service manual is an Optar with the same specifications in a No. 3 "Graflex" shutter (should probably be "Graphex").
shutterfinger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no publication date for that Technical Order.
I do not know what year Kodak introduced the Supermatic shutter nor do I have access to a 1939, 1940, 1941 product catalog. I suspect the shutter followed the lens by a year or two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Lenses Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: