Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grounding a Flash Supermatic(no X)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FixerFiend

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I was tring to get a vivitar 283 up and running with a 2x3 pacemaker with Flash Supermatic (F-M). After researching the synch capabilities of this combo, I'm left with 2 problems. First, The set-up doesn't appear grounded because I get a slight "BZZZ" when tryiny to fire the shutter from the body release. Could this be the shutter contacts or maybe the vivitar itself? I've used the 283 with another X synch supermatic on a 4x5 I have so I know the cord/flash works. Also I've seen some different advice as how this will X synch. I've seen people say that if you don't engage the delay this shutter will x synch but the only way it fires the flash is to engage the delay timer.Anyone run into anything similar to either problem?? thanks

clnfrd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kodak Flash Supermatic normally has two sets of contacts. One set is employed only when you set your delay for F or M lamps. The second one always makes contact when the shutter is wide open, for X sync. I've seen shutters that needed the X sync contact "re-formed" or cleaned to get it to work. Fred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Flash Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: