Graflex.org Forum Index Graflex.org
Get help with your Graflex questions here

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Graflok back on older Speed Graphics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to install a Graflok back on one of may older baby speeds, and found out it does not fit. Since I already had one with one on, I removed that one and found that you have to remove some of the wood frame on the bottom and re-drill and re-tap the top 2 holes. Quite a surprise as I thought the backs could be easily interchanged. Russ
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems strange--the top holes are in a metal strap that is screwed into recesses in the top of the camera--you seem to have a real odd setup! I have switched backs on the 2x3's many times without difficulty, and a Graflok to a 1939 model Mini speed. To my knowledge the only Graphlok that 'may' have had different drilling, was the XL series backs--have never seen one, but may be a possible answer! Bert
jdman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well just went and checked my 3 speeds with the follwing results. S/N 337198 Will not fit.S/N 294017 Did not fit but is the one that has been redrilled and wood removed, now fits. S/N 369539 Will not fit. Graflok back is a model 9282. Have 2 and neither would fit. Worked fine on the 2 Crowns. Like you said all except the Crowns have the metal strap. Is there more than one model Graflok back? Like one for Crowns, and one for Speeds. Seems like the more I fool with these the less I know. Russ
bertsaunders

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 5 2x3 speed's--4 older style and 1 Pacemaker--3 diff back config's--Graphic spring--Graflex--Graflok. No problem interchanging backs on these cameras. Rec acquired a Crown 2x3 for a local fellow that needed a replacement bellows--the Speed backs all fit the back of the Crown, but the hole spacing is different. No metal strap as you said on the Crown, just screw holes! No logic to changing the backs on the Crown or Century, as they both came out about 2 years before the Graflok was introduced-inter-
changeability went out the door as soon as that happened?????? Been restoring these cameras for over 20 years, always a suprise just around the next corner!! Bert

[ This Message was edited by: bertsaunders on 2001-11-01 11:52 ]
RKnoppow

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Graflok for Miniature Speed Graphics differs from those for Pacemaker cameras in having a flash socket and contacts for the shutter curtain. Pacemaker 2x3's have the flash socket on the focal plane shutter panel on the side of the camera as do the larger sizes. There may be other mechanical differences.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Graflex.org Forum Index -> Speed Graphic Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: